08 October 2012

Post #75

This past weekend I made the trek north to my family's cabin.  It's always a real treat, pine trees, cool weather, camp fire...and for this special trip?  Wasps!!!  A fucking ton load of wasps.  Delightfully different, in shape, size and color. All day Saturday and Sunday...

They're in my hair!!!

I have never been stung by a wasp, yet I am 100% sure I am deathly allergic.

My dad and uncle told me to calm the fuck down and I wouldn't get stung.  No can do.  A few cocktails later I had forgotten that the little shits even existed.  I followed this behaviour up with a lovely sunburn.  In any case, I still had a blast.  If you ever get the chance to sit around a fire pit with my dad and his brother?  Do so. Hanging out with grown men who think shitting their pants makes for good stories produces hours, if not minutes, of laughter.

Shits and giggles,

Katie E. Eshelman

No comments:

Post a Comment