05 December 2011

Post #56


After Halloween I'm useless till January 5th.


Thanksgiving went off without a hitch.  Great times, great family...over a hundred bottles of wine consumed by almost everyone in attendance.  Side bar:  I would like to point out at this time that just because you carry a plastic bag containing several vodka smugglers on board for an east bound flight...doesn't mean you partook anymore than the rest of the clan.  My sister was more than willing and quite able to share them.  Moving on.  I was informed that certain family members would like an honorable mention in my blog.  Ask and you shall receive.


The "Boy Scout"

Tried to start a beach bonfire and failed.
A Swiss Army knife doesn't mean you get a badge.
Especially when you cut yourself with it and your mom
has to take it away.

A little background for the next biography.  When we showed up to my Uncle Greg's abode we were promptly given crayons and a blank paper turkey place mat.  Thus...

The "Artist"

The only kid in our family to be busted for cheating in a coloring contest.
Daniel allowed my sister to help him out.
Shame on you! And shame on Megan for using her unparalleled artistic
abilities to try and  obtain first and second place.  Disqualified.

My masterpiece.
Second place?  I tied for second place with my sister?  I'm 28 years old?  

Fucking robbed.

All in all it was a stellar trip.  It started with a ten minute security line due to the fact that my mother called  in ahead of time and requested a wheel chair.

Holy shat?!
That carpet is hideous.  Little planes in holding patterns? 

Looks like an air traffic controller's nightmare.

What in the devil?!
She's standing.  It's a Thanksgiving miracle!!!

I will now bring this memoir to an end. By fulfilling the most important request. I will mention my Uncle David (still can't for the life of me remember what you actually wanted me to say...maybe it was the wine.) So, hello and I love you.

To family,

Katie E. Eshelman

No comments:

Post a Comment